View Single Post
Old 07-01-2021, 09:45 PM   #19
Terry, NJ

Default Re: Lots of A's but not so many T's

The reason they are so cheap is that there is little demand. T s are primitive and hard to drive. Frankly, I'd rather have a Curved Dash Olds. I hope I'm not hurting anyone's feelings, but that's just how I feel. The A, on the other hand, is much more of an automobile. Let's not forget that Henry called all the junk T s back in just before the production of the A commenced. Many serviceable T s were reduced to scrap long before the war. The figure of 70,000 seems optimistic to me. The figure of 250,000 A survivors seems a little more plausible to me. This would include the european survivors, So American, and Russians (GAZ) where the A s were produced until the early 50s, Mostly AA trucks. We seem to have about one a month appearing from barns, sheds, even cellars. How many more will be found? Of that 250,000 how many are running? Hot rodded? Just rustbuckets, or more junk than car. I would love to get a count and see just how many did survive. Pretty remarkable for a car that was only supposed to last ten years!
Terry
Terry, NJ is offline   Reply With Quote