Thread: upholstery
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #12
Utopia Texas

Default Re: upholstery

That is my problem. My knowledge of what was original in this 160A is minimal. Everything in it from door panels, kick panels, seats and roof interior is a leatherette grey color and all the vendors list a small brown checker pattern as original. As far as seam placement etc. I am pretty clueless. The previous owner had the car from the early 1950's to 1980's but he has passed away so I have no history from before my ownership. When I did my Rebuild work back in 1988 I did find a section of the Houston Press Newspaper from 1931 made into a tube and placed into the channel under the gas tank I assume to keep the wires and speedo cable from bouncing around and making noise. The tube of newspaper could have only been installed with the wires and speedo cable disconnected from the dash and I believe in 1931 there was a assembly building for the Model A here in Houston.

Back to topic. I am not a purest but would like a accurate upholstery kit thus need some input on the two most obvious choices by private email if necessary.

Last edited by Utopia Texas; 05-09-2016 at 10:21 AM.
Utopia Texas is offline   Reply With Quote