View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 02:03 PM   #31
Norris McCarty

Default Re: “Inside” part of road draft tube

I’m running the two end carbs....center is blocked off. It runs much better running the two end carbs directly connected to each other than with 3 running progressive. I can, at this point easily add the center with a block off under it for looks, but I’m try to get the car sorted out so looks ain’t my thing at the moment. It runs great like it currently is. I was working on AFR tuning then realized with the weather change, this would be a good time to work inside the shop on the needed PCV system that than trying to tune which requires driving.
I cannot run a taller spacer/block off in the center section and still adjust the rear carb. Well, I could still adjust it, but I’d have to use needle nose pliers from the side like I did when I had the three carbs on it. I have every type carb adjuster made, and home made, but that’s not a huge deal.
My whole reason for the above question was to see if I could just run one fitting on the one side of the top of the carb block off plate instead of two if I joined the right and left manifold plenums. I know that because the plenums are separated left and right I need either a common plenum or two separate vacuum fitting to pull from the PCV valve so I don’t lean out some cylinders.
Obviously not a good idea to cut a slot to join plenums....I’ll just run two, one on either side on top of the block off plate. If it works well, I may put fittings in the side of the manifold.
I have plans to run a near vertical PCV valve off of the road draft tube hole in the front of the manifold.

I really appreciate your opinions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 441AA9BA-FE3D-463C-BD5B-54BD3DAA0FAF.jpg (55.5 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg F9846C6C-1ADC-40E3-8001-F9380E83E8BF.jpg (48.7 KB, 44 views)
Norris McCarty is offline   Reply With Quote