View Single Post
Old 06-27-2020, 06:04 AM   #1
DNLs1930

Default Manifold heater question(s)

I have a Manifold heater installed and need some experienced help. The "cover" has always been removed but I would like to control the heat flowing off the engine better so though about installing the cover and routing the heated air out below the firewall to reduce the heat build up in the cabin.

Once I installed the cover I noticed the clearance between the condenser and the cover and thought there might be a problem with heat build up in the condenser which prompts my first question: Is heat buildup an issue with condensers and manifold heaters? All the designs I have seen seem to have some level of this clearance issue.

Second question is I do not intend to route the heater duct into the cabin and wanted to attach a hose or deflector to the heater outlet but there is not enough space for a clamp as it looks like the "control valve" or pipe is inserted into the heater body not clamped on. There is no "name" on the heater and I have not found a similar design in my searches.

Some have said cap the end with sheet metal or body washer but I would think this will cause a heat buildup and I would rather allow the heat to flow away instead of standing and saturating the surrounding structures.

I just finished installing a heat and sound barrier which has improved the interior heat level significantly so we are moving in the right direction...

Thoughts/suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4460.jpg (62.8 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4473.jpg (57.4 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4462.jpg (48.6 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4467.jpg (60.0 KB, 164 views)
DNLs1930 is offline   Reply With Quote