View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 10:58 PM   #143
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Bob C, Floyd, David and Charlie, Reds34, and drolston,
Spent some quality time with the 32 this afternoon as were in the middle of a rinse cycle!
The fuel tank looks to have a brass/ copper turn type shut off.
Met a knew neighbor tonight that pulled in driving a 48 Ford coupe! Very nice. Great to meet some like minded Ford guys!
So on my adventures today I stopped a NAPA and picked up a piece of 2 inch exhaust pipe. It was enlarged on one end for another piece of 2 inch to slide into. I used that end to prototype a flanged end to fit on the "B" exhaust manifold:
Made a "die" from a piece of plywood, with a radius routered in.

on the truck:

Should work just fine for a little while!

The tires / wheels are all at the tire shop. We may not be able to save the tires> Hoping the wheels will be in acceptable shape for new rubber!
I did get a flashlight when I was at Snyder's. I also ordered the seals for the hubs today from them and a zinc additive for the oil. Picked up 5 qts of 30 weight non detergent from NAPA.

Pulled the fuel pump and started cleaning it up. Had a lot of rust inside, under the cover.
Will try to pull the carb and side cover off the valves tomorrow for a look at the valves.

Sure glad you folks approve of the pictures! That is pretty much how I document these types of things.

My other world since retirement looks like this: I get lengthy and very long winded. Just go here when you cant sleep. I think lots of Allis folks do!
https://www.allischalmers.com/FORUM/...pic143835.html

Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote