View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 07:54 PM   #78
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidG View Post
I had noticed that the left side outside door handle had been replaced. What you show in your latest photo is the original version, which you've now reinstalled. If any of your inside handles need replacement, please me know I have some good originals with patina that are yours for the asking.

I'm looking forward to a photo of the right side of your engine compartment.
David,
I will get that picture for you! Thanks for the offer on the hardware too. Very generous of you.
You ask about some features on the truck. I will try to get back to all them but if I dont please remind me too. I did look under the visor and it has a brace in the center. I believe that was in reference to when the truck may have actually been assembled.

So it makes me wonder about the guy that owned it. Here is my story.
The door original door handle was damaged or broke. HE went and found the pointed handle that fit and worked . Later found a correct handle and placed it behind the seat for me to put in 80 years later???
The new handle fit and works fine!
Note there is some door damage at theis drivers handle area. Slight push in of the door metal around the handle.

Question. I need door checks (to keep doors from swinging too far). I will research for those.
Regards,
Chris

Last edited by sugarmaker; 06-11-2021 at 08:26 PM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote