View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 09:35 PM   #1
woofa.express

Default Sparkplugs. I was rewarded following exhaustive search.

Buying where the price is low has become more important to me now I don’t have an income except 0.4% bank interest ( which equates to approximately nil). Getting money from my treasurer, otherwise known as my wife is not dissimilar to extracting teeth from a dingo (wild dog).
I have spent 2 days looking for sparkplugs for my Model A. When I did eventually find some they were $62 from repco but were on special for $50. I couldn’t find a suitable alternate. But after more searching I eventually did. Advertised on a John Deere website in America for 6usd. I called a local John Deere here in Australia, and yes they had them. 11aud. What a relief.
I am pleased to pass that on to you readers for it might just help you as indeed you have helped me on this as well as other matters in the past. It is also worth a mention, years ago I operated an Airtractor powered with a Pratt 1340 (cc) engine and the electrical components were also available from John Deere. The designer / builder of that aeroplane knew they would be operated in agricultural areas, the same sort of places one would find John Deere spare parts.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-12 at 14.40.47.jpg (7.7 KB, 14 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote