View Single Post
Old 10-22-2020, 07:56 PM   #36
GB SISSON

Default Re: '40 front fenders

Ok, since it's all about that great 42-47 pickup sheet metal, here's where we are today. Sun was shining in front of the shop and I hated all the bent and twisted jailbars on the grill I had so today I pulled the grill shell and got out the torch and heated the nuts to cherry red. Pulled the bars off and ground the paint off. I have one more set of really nice bars in a 5 gallon bucket, along with many other keepers that I save, should I hit a deer in the woodie or the diesel tonner on the way home from town. In 40 years on this island I have smacked my share of them. They sit and graze beside the road for hours and just when a car shows up they decide to cross the road. Not the brightest species.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg total clip 1.jpg (55.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg total clip wide.jpg (76.1 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg ground grille 1.jpg (70.1 KB, 36 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote