View Single Post
Old 02-27-2017, 01:04 PM   #11
drose1644

Default Re: 36 Coupe new build, J.B.Donaldson body

Thanks to all; and can't disagree with anyone about JB's bodies. Too expensive, fit isn't perfect, etc. They are still in business, but their main business is fiberglass storage tanks, not cars. I doubt that they do one car every year. I believe mine was the only one in 2016. At any rate, what's done is done. I really appreciate the detail from Lindsay; I will definitely save that for the actual panel fitments. I don't have a radiator or grill right now, looks like those need to be the next purchase. Thanks! Right now, my main effort is in getting the fenders and running boards mocked up so as to get the suspension components located; which I think I was finally successful with this weekend. See pic (if I can get it loaded). Also, even with several books in hand, I went ahead and ordered the one that is specific to this body that a couple of you mentioned, so hopefully there is a nugget or two in there. I will also be going to Dallas at the end of April to attend the Pate Swap Meet; I have one son living there who is building a 53 truck, so we might both get some good parts and info. Any of you familiar with that event? And I will PM John, as soon as I figure out how. Thanks again to all! Donnie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2561.jpg (72.2 KB, 144 views)
drose1644 is offline   Reply With Quote