View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #1
drose1644

Default 36 Coupe new build, J.B.Donaldson body

At the risk of getting tweaked, here goes: for my fourth project (the others have been of 60s vintage) I’m building a 1936 Three Window Coupe. However, after searching for two years while I finished my 63 Falcon, I could not find a “real” car to begin with. Having always loved the fat-fendered hot rods, I wanted to build a coupe as a hot rod with updated suspension, drive train, and electronics, but otherwise appear fairly normal. At any rate, all I could find were finished high dollar cars, total rust buckets, or truly originals which I wouldn’t want to destroy. So, I broke down and bought a J. B. Donaldson glass body and fender package, and an original frame. Anyway, while JB does a good enough job of building a body, they are of no help in the build. I have bought several books, including the one from the Early Ford V8 club, and do not find anything that can help me with enough detail for attaching fenders, running boards, and all the panels and stuff at the nose. What I’d really like is to find an original coupe within a few hours of Memphis that someone would let me look at, crawl around, take pics, etc. Short of that, if any of you would be willing to help, let me know. I have the three brackets (reproductions) for the front and rear fenders, but it’s not obvious where they go. If I can start there, then maybe deal with the radiator, grill and so forth a little later, that might be good. Thanks, Donnie Rose 901 491-2804
drose1644 is offline   Reply With Quote