Thread: Changing tires
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2016, 06:54 AM   #9
bnchief

Default Re: Changing tires

I have a t's for 40 years my car is a 19 i went to put on new tires had a heck of a time. An old ford mechanic told me how to do it if tires are new he told me to stretch them for a couple hours using a cherry picker just stick a pipe thru them under the botton of the cherry picker put another piece of pipe at the top of the tire jack the picker up until tires are stretched like a rubber band do not get carried away. After a couple hours jack car up lets just say front. This is a clincher rim take tire no tube and start tire on at bottom of rim let weight of car down on tire finish putting tire on with tire on work it a little to get clincher seated also a little tire lube will help altho i did not use any, Now air up tube to get out all wrinkle let air back out put tube in starting with the valve stem put tube all the way in then start to roll tire on where valve stem is after you get it started good rotate tire with valve stem to the bottom put weight of car on it and finish rolling the tire over the rest of the wheel. Then jack it back up work tire back and forth making sure clincher part of tire is seated and even all the way around. 60-65 pounds is best i have found easiest way i found to do do this and no more pinched tubes.
bnchief is offline   Reply With Quote