View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #31
Purdy Swoft

Default Re: What’s the future of (T’s) and (A’s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickair View Post
I concur with this 100%. Working on the classics is part of the hobby/ownership fun. It is also needed to understand the vehicle well.

Personally I appreciate learning from guys like Purdey and Frank among all the others. Then applying the knowledge to the A. This is part of the gratification of the hobby. There is an amazing amount of knowledge on the fordbarn. Les Andrews was my hero for putting it all together for us. Fordbarn is the best resource I have seen.

I could not imagine owning a T or an A if I did not work on them myself. It would be too expensive. Now there are of course things I don't do myself and leave to an expert such as re-coring a radiator, etc. It seems that owning any classic vehicle would with all work paid for will put a person upside down in the vehicle in short order.
This is sorta the way they look when I buy them. Usually when they look this bad, the guys with money don't want them and I can get em cheap. I had to take some wheels with tires to get this one loaded on a trailer but it was all fun.Thats my daughter waiting for me to get it running so she can drive it.

I've got it running here, notice the fan

Purdy Swoft is offline   Reply With Quote