View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #30
Tony Martino

Default Re: What’s the future of (T’s) and (A’s)

If you want to gauge the availability of Ts and As, just look at CL.
In my area of NY, Ma, Ct, Vt, Pa, there are always a lot of stock or mildly modified Model As. I mean more than 4-5 every month. Of these about half are runner-drivers, or mostly restored. many are stalled projects, since we all know it's easier to take one apart than put it together! And yes there are hot rods too
.But my point is if you are a "restorer" there are still projects to finish. If you have more cash than know-how yoou can buy a runner, get into places like the Barn and learn and buy what you or your mechanic needs, and have a lot of fun.
As far as I'm concerned, $8,000-$12,000 will still buy a great A. and that is really not that much money.
On the other hand, there are not many Ts around for sale. It is a long stretch from one to another. And less and less guys even know how to or have ever driven one, me included, and I'm 64.
I have no desire to ever own a stock Model T, but if a cool stock Model A comes along, I am always interested.
Just my $.02