View Single Post
Old 08-31-2014, 05:45 PM   #23
pooch

Default Re: What’s the future of (T’s) and (A’s)

My 2 cents.

In 20 years when half of this forum and half the rest of the club guys are dead, your cars will be much more at the mercy of hot rodders.

Cars made in the last 20 years are going to be just about impossible to restore, they have have too much degradable plastic, and electronics that will only add to the nightmare of keeping them running.

Our local classic and vintage club are losing about 2 dead a year, with NO new ones or younger ones replacing them, so it is just a matter of time and attrition.

There will always be restorers and and always be hot rodders, but I reckon the shift will move towards the rodders in sheer numbers, and I see countless restored model A/s on ebay , continuing to be advertised with no buyers .

A good hot rod gets snapped up quickly because of the wider market, and it usually goes for double the price of a restored one.

A crate 350 is about the same cost as rebuilding a model A motor and mags are cheaper than finding and restoring an A wheel, the pattern follows on the rest of the mechanicals.

I have finally seen the light, and 40 MPH on a single lane highway holding up the traffic ceased to be fun .

The general public love to see old cars on display and tootling around the streets, but DETEST being behind one on the highway.

Highway speeds are always increasing , while the stock vintage car's speed does not.

Unless you hot rod it of course, (oops ), I am supposed to say, MODIFY, and add touring cams, hi-comp heads, and overdrives .
pooch is offline   Reply With Quote