View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 04:02 AM   #1039
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

A Funny Incident

Years ago I regularly sprayed a large tomato farm every ten days for a farmer named Noel. One of Noels farm workers with the nick name of Rusty reversed his nice Chrysler Valiant out of the shed with a read door open. It was crunched on the shed post of course. Well Rusty had once being a panel beta and it was no great hustle to rectify. Off to the motorcar wrecker where purchased a new left-hand rear door. He painted it and screwed it on to the body, then with a firm hand closed it. Bugger. Noels Valiant was a VIP and Rusty’s donor motorcar was not. It was four inches short.

Another funny for today.

My friends mid twenties son has decided to leave home and take care of himself. Mother must have thought it was overdue. She clenched her fist, punched the air and let out a hora. Dad wore a grin indicating approval.
Sometime later they were invited to his house for dinner. They had the usual pleasantries and were served up a pleasant meal. From the dining room they moved to his bedroom, ate their dinner and played on their iPad. Son was quite taken back and asked why they would eat in isolation and play games on the computer. “we did believe this to be common practise? We learned this from you when you lived at home”.

And there are times when I have a long memory.

Last edited by woofa.express; 04-02-2021 at 12:21 PM.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote