View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 07:04 PM   #14
Talkwrench

Default Re: Again?! this time juddering at a stop

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54vicky View Post
not being smart never heard the expression juddering is it an aussie expression.I take it to mean shuddering but wondering is all
Shuddering will do [B]

35 pickup . Juice brakes

clutch operates as per normal was all apart about two years ago

wheels are straight I spun them up before I fitted the tyres

feels like the engine stalling and shuddering, however the vacuum gauge doesn't move , Alt light doesn't come on etc .

the center bearing is NOS was a prick to get in. I did had to tap the torque tube when putting it back together, didnt quite slide over the shaft. I did check after and all spun freely .. I know that shouldn't of happened at all ..

Are all the nuts and bolts tight? yes
Are transmission and motor mounts tight? yes
Do you have "anti chatter rods?" yes .. they where loose

Does it happen "just before the car stops" with your foot on the brake pedal? yes [and not heavy ]

Does it happen when rear wheels are off the ground when on jack stands? dont know

The loose wheel nut theory sounds very possible. Check that first. I torque them so ok

Check the tightness of all the nuts and bolts you removed to replace the center bearing, if possible. I'll check but have no doubts they're good

Pull rear drums and check wheel bearings etc. Jacked up rear and Ive got a random clicking - tick noise when turning both wheels.. aghh so that something, if it gets louder and more constant it will be similar to the center bearing gone again

Are all the rear radius rod nuts and bolts tight? yes

I went for a short trip after tightening the steady rods and it didn't do it , however its random and may take a longer trip..