View Single Post
Old 09-09-2016, 08:42 AM   #18
C26Pinelake
BANNED

Location: Michigan / Ontario border, Sarnia, Ontario. 50 miles from Detroit and 150 from Toronto.
Default Re: rumble seat conversion, 29 coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700rpm View Post
That panel has to be replaced. You also have to drill a hole in the deck lid to accommodate the new location of the handle, and fill the old hole and repaint the lid. You will need to drill a hole in your fender for the step plate. You will want to figure out how to install seatbelts for the kids' safety. You will need a completely new hinge setup. You will have $1500-$2000 in costs, maybe more, to make the conversion, depending on how much you can do yourself.

Think long and hard about doing this. I converted my rumble back to a trunk because no one over 45 years old, 5' tall and/or 120 lbs could get in or out of it. My grandkids got too old to be interested. I got concerned about the safety of RS passengers in the event of a t-bone crash, even with seatbelts. And the trunk is just more practical.
The You can put groceries in a rumble seat but you can't put passengers or grandchildren in a trunk! Think about it ! Wayne.
C26Pinelake is offline   Reply With Quote