View Single Post
Old 07-10-2021, 06:14 AM   #240
sugarmaker

Default Re: 1932 The Deuce, Dually, Dump Truck

Charlie, Wonderful Ford Folks,
Thank you for the information on Mark in Warsaw. Also glad you enjoyed the ride on this thread too.
At this time I was not considering going with the babbit material I was looking at moving over to replaceable type bearing inserts.
I will be just as bold and mention my machinist too, Tim at Valley Machine in Blooming Valley PA. Very good and very busy!

I did pick up some good used oil pump parts that would put this back in way better shape than it was. Although it may get some new gears if the engine goes in for some work.

Also had another Radiator shop look at the rad and they did not like it either. Going to do some comparison to the AA radiator that Snyder's have, to see what the differences are? I am sure someone on here knows the unique differences too. I will find out and report about that at some point too.

Got the oil pan cleaned up and the baffle and pan examined. They don't seem to have any rusted pin holes in them.

I removed the center main cap on the crankshaft and the babbit is long gone. Better that I found this and did not attempt to run this engine.

Did remove the headlight bar to make room for engine trans removal at some point. Found some rusted areas in the fenders under the supports. No real surprise there.

I did get the seat springs positioned to my liking in the cab. I think thatey are going to be fine. Have the brackets relocated a little to match the custom build springs from Snyder's. Will prototype some wood bases for those soon too.

Busy this week with a big show at the local Pioneer Steam and Gas Engine Society in Sagertown PA. I thought the 32 may make a debut there. Not too sure now?? There is a car show there your welcome to come visit the beautiful grounds, July 16,17 and 18. All kinds of old things there from big stationary engines to antique tractor pulls to lots of great food and a flea market and running sawmill too! come vist us and track me down.

So we are at another bend in the road with the 32 project truck. I guess the good news is it can be rolled into a corner for a while and rest a little longer!
Regards,
Chris
Lots of Allis tractors
Some Cub Cadets

Last edited by sugarmaker; 07-10-2021 at 06:42 AM.
sugarmaker is offline   Reply With Quote