View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 06:38 PM   #6
OldGold360

Default Re: Mack hills bed for a 34

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
I’ll be honest here. I’m not impressed with Mack Hils. I just received parts from Mack Hils for my ‘36. All the parts look good except for the wood underlayment. I probably won’t even use the wood and as of now I plan to make the wood myself. The cuts look like the person who did it just didn’t care and all the cuts are this crappy (see picture). Also, I was surprised the metal bed floor holes weren’t punched out though. That’s not a big deal.

... and while I’m being honest, watch out for their shipping charges. For a bed floor tin and the wood, they wanted over $1000 plus $150 crating fee. I’m in WA, so you may fair better being in CO. I purchased my bed parts from Ecklers, which still come direct from Mack Hils, but shipping was about $200 plus not crating fee.

The problem is that there is really nobody else making these parts so not much competition in the truck bed market. There is certainly room for improvement on all the products I’ve received from them, especially the bed wood, but it’s what’s out there. Please know, this is intended to help and not discourage you.

Good luck.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 0471C387-AD01-45DF-A311-4BDE50A73321.jpeg (82.1 KB, 127 views)
OldGold360 is offline   Reply With Quote