Thread: A Matter of $$
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2019, 11:55 AM   #5
30 Closed Cab PU

Default Re: A Matter of $$

Depends on your skills, how much time you have available to work on it, and if you enjoy working on it. Also what you will use it for. For occasional short hops, or for longer trips/touring.

The Barn Find can quickly turn into to a complete resto, or at least a lot of work/cash returning it to marginal running condition. Easy to spend a lot more than the vehicle is worth, especially if having to have the work done, not doing it yourself. Things like a motor rebuild, bad gas tank,, etc can quickly add up to a lot of cash/labor. A lot of unknowns. Interiors also can be very expensive with a lot of labor.

The other A depending on the model, seems to me priced high. At the very least would want to run a compression check on it and a few mechanical checks, check out the gas tank.

Having myself resuscitated a truck that sat for 50 years - learned a lot, spent 2-3x what it is worth to make it reliable to get it to be a daily driver, not for show. If me would see if I can get the 18K price down and buy that one.
30 Closed Cab PU is offline   Reply With Quote