View Single Post
Old 08-16-2016, 11:14 AM   #11
DougVieyra

Default Re: nice 31 no reserve

Is his Green, really supposed to be Washington Blue ?
Chrome tail light stands (brackets) indicate that originality was NOT a priority when he did this restoration. The Pin-Stripe is weak, if it is there at all. I did not see it. Also missing are the two Engine Pans. First time I have seen Black upholstery in a Dlx Roadster. It must be part of the rare Early Instrument Panel-1931 special package. When I had my Deluxe '31 Roadster, I do not remember that my Rumble-Seat handle was like the Cabriolet handle, as he has on his '31 Dlx. Roadster. Mine could have been wrong.

However, we must all be impressed that his top is an ORIGINAL Ford Factory item "Top is an original", whereas the rest is with LeBarron Bonney. It must be said that an original top in such good condition is a rare thing indeed, and worthy of a closer look.

Not with-standing all of the questions and remarks, it is a pretty car, and an excellent candidate for a 'Peoples Choice' award. And it would make an excellent starting point for someone who can tweak it a bit to met MARC/MAFCA judging standards of competition.

Last edited by DougVieyra; 08-16-2016 at 11:41 AM.
DougVieyra is offline   Reply With Quote