View Single Post
Old 11-29-2021, 12:08 AM   #19
GB SISSON

Default Re: Ford built last bomber shot down in WWII

Me too, with all of you. I was already a lifetime addict, reading all the books I could find...And of those old black and white footage. My dad would always point out in the TV version of '12 O' clock high' when there was dubbed in actual film footage.....Years later when someone gave me Browkaw's 'Greatest Generation' and when he talked of those guys growing up in the Great Depression and then as if that wasn't tough enough, being called upon to throw themselves into Hell's fury to free the world from tyranny....Today when we fly in a gleaming modern jetliner we will worry and fret when we get some turbulence, or God save us, an engine malfunction and have to double back on three (that makes the world news). What if the entire time it was -40 degrees and the plane was a patched up wreck designed 35 years after the Wright Brothers at Kitty Hawk and a determined enemy was trying with all they had in them (a lot) to blow you outa the sky? Ok you guys got me going and it's bed time on the second highest mountain on Orcas Island. Sorry about the long rant.
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote