View Single Post
Old 11-23-2021, 01:03 PM   #9
SoCalCoupe

Default Re: V8 Fuel Pump Service Kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoupe View Post
Just got a NAPCO kit in the mail. The screw holes in the diaphragm are cockeyed. Same problem that I saw in another post. It literally looks like something was upside down in their assembly fixture. The holes would be perfect if the diaphragm was installed upside down. Either have to get a new kit or make my own holes. Looks like I should have bought check valves separate from the kit too. Before I shame the vender and name them in a post, I'll give them a call and a chance to make it right.
Just got off the phone with the vendor. Long story short, they get an A+, it's ThirdGen Automotive. They made it right.

The tech I spoke to knew what he was talking about. He understood what was wrong. Said he would be happy to give me a refund but that they're all made by NAPCO and it was likely that the next kit would have the same problem. He said put it in a vise and twist it around, that's what they do when they rebuild pumps in-house. I'd tried that before I called and it didn't work. After the call, I tried it again with just a little more force, it worked and didn't have any indication that I was damaging anything.

As far as I can tell, it will now work just as intended.

It's a real pleasure to talk with a knowledgeable person who actually knows more than you do and can fix your problem. This is contrast to most of the time when I talk with a customer service person (not necessarily car stuff,) I know quite a bit more than they do and might as well not waste my time.

Again, just to make my point, ThirdGen Automotive gets an A+. They solved the problem.
SoCalCoupe is offline   Reply With Quote