View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #23
V8COOPMAN

Default Re: Condenser Problem?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert/Texas View Post
Well, my luck has run out again. When we got the car running on March 7, I drove it to my barn which is about 500 yards from my workshop. In the meantime, I have been in Houston doing doctors visits and other necessary things. I just got in the car and it started right up. Before it even got warmed up the engine started stuttering and then missing violently. This was exactly how it behaved last time while I was driving it.

I read Bubba’s post and it got me thinking about installing a new condenser remotely. I doubt that the points are ruined as this problem occurred so quickly. This could be a temporary or a permanent solution. If this is feasible how exactly could it be done?

Thanks, Robert

Robert....I don't have an answer for the question you asked. But think about this.....that old Ford (and a bazillion others like it) ran just fine all over the planet, in all kinds of climates and geographical situations. SOMETHING is not "right" about your particular situation. And moving the condenser to a remote location is NOT going to fix whatever the BASIC problem is. Who knows, the problem MIGHT be as simple as a poorly-grounded condenser.....just saying! You should do yourself a favor and find someone knowledgeable-enough and qualified to do justice to that neat ol' roadster. Hoping for the best! DD

'35-'36 W/8BA & MECHANICAL FAN

T5 W/TORQUE TUBE
V8COOPMAN is offline   Reply With Quote