View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 08:11 AM   #18
Railcarmover
BANNED

Default Re: Hi-Lo with internal gears - the dream AA accessory

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2M View Post
Nice rant. I didn't think the Jetsons comment would cut so deep; I must have hit a raw nerve. Serves you right for that bizarre, out of nowhere comment about weed. Above, I never suggested anything is a good or bad idea, or for anyone to do anything; and who said I know or care about speed...this is a forum about Model As...people brain storm, debate things, joke around and BS a little...that's what people do on forums. If you think a dual-high is a bad idea on an A why not explain why you think that rather than be an a-hole?

IF it fits; a dual-high on a A is absolutely an option (as someone else also commented above)...is it a good option compared to other options? I never said it was. You should learn to read and think a little. You wrote "Well,its clear you don't have a grasp on modifications for speed"...why do you assume what I was discussing had anything to do about speed. Don't assume other people share your worldview of the Model A hobby. My interest is not speed, it's about being able to drive at 50-55mph without the engine screaming.

You wrote "Gearing cant create power". Apart from being wrong, it's bizarre that you would say that being you're using a Mitchell. Get a grip on yourself.
I guess you decide what is a joke,or BS..thanks for clearing that up. Gearing allows you to utilize power is an manner that better suits the task,but it doesn't create the power to perform the task.

Since you introduced bizarre,allow me to respond,don't you think its a bit bizarre to effect a gear reduction only to turn back and increase it? why not utilize a gear increase and be done?with overdrive and direct you don't have to change the rear ratio and tire size along with machining and installing the dual high....oopps did I just say 'high'..
Railcarmover is offline   Reply With Quote