View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 04:53 PM   #6
CarlG

Default Re: EBay Sellers "This item does not ship to Alaska/Hawaii"

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
My most recent experience: Wanted to order a fairly large but light weight part for my modern car. This was a "Buy-it-now" and offered free shipping. Seller had the "does not ship to Alaska/Hawaii" caveat in his ad. But then again his ad said "ships worldwide" -- call for shipping. So I did. He said that Oh, yea, I'll ship to Alaska, no problem. Then he proceeded to explain that Alaska/Hawaii are lumped in with Puerto Rico and American Samoa as far as eBay are concerned. Alaska-- no problem. Just give me your order info over the phone, & it will be on it's way.

Another one a while back, was coming from Portland OR. Absolutely refused to ship to Alaska. So I gave them a Seattle address. Of course you know the rest; they shipped it USPS flat rate to Seattle. Same price as it would have shipped to Anchorage, plus I was paying the freight anyway.

Some people's logic just doesn't make any sense whatever.

Darryl is correct, though. Most of the sellers that say they will not ship to Alaska just will not budge, even though it means a lost sale. Most I have run across lately would ship USPS Flat Rate box anyway, no matter where they ship it.

Some time back I shipped a box to the UK in a flat rate box. It was no more trouble than shipping it to Fairbanks or across town.
Model A Restorers Club
Antique Automobile Club of America
Mullins Owner's Club
CarlG is offline   Reply With Quote