View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 11:49 PM   #59
petehoovie

Default Re: Winter without a project?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB SISSON View Post
This morning before work I removed the driver side kingpin with my newly fabricated kingpin 'pusher'. Inspired by a snap on product I saw in a thread here. With the 18v impact driver on the pusher bolt the kingpin rose steadily and easily. I had to add a piece of shafting to push it all the way out until I get a longer push bolt. The wooden honing spoon can't be far behind at this point. I have the backing plate and and spindle setting on my woodstove in the cabinet shop and after dinner will go down with my solvent and brush and get them cleaned up. Tomorrow the other side. I have the new brake hoses and the 5 cylinders in shipping boxes. Hard lines I get at the local napa. I prefer the black coated lines. Still waiting for my kingpin set to arrive. I have always used NORS pins in the past but noticed a set of current manufacture by moog on many sites, so gonna give them a try. Really hoping they aren't the new 'pre-honed' style. Wih all the variables involved, how could they ever get that right? Sheesh!

"Silver rings, your butt! Them's washers!"
"We shot our way out of that town for a dollar's worth of steel holes!" - from 'The Wild Bunch' - 1969

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NReUd2_0u0
petehoovie is offline   Reply With Quote