View Single Post
Old 01-03-2022, 09:47 PM   #58
GB SISSON

Default Re: Winter without a project?

This morning before work I removed the driver side kingpin with my newly fabricated kingpin 'pusher'. Inspired by a snap on product I saw in a thread here. With the 18v impact driver on the pusher bolt the kingpin rose steadily and easily. I had to add a piece of shafting to push it all the way out until I get a longer push bolt. The wooden honing spoon can't be far behind at this point. I have the backing plate and and spindle setting on my woodstove in the cabinet shop and after dinner will go down with my solvent and brush and get them cleaned up. Tomorrow the other side. I have the new brake hoses and the 5 cylinders in shipping boxes. Hard lines I get at the local napa. I prefer the black coated lines. Still waiting for my kingpin set to arrive. I have always used NORS pins in the past but noticed a set of current manufacture by moog on many sites, so gonna give them a try. Really hoping they aren't the new 'pre-honed' style. Wih all the variables involved, how could they ever get that right? Sheesh!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tailgate of junk Kingpin Rising.jpg (145.6 KB, 256 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is offline   Reply With Quote