View Single Post
Old 10-17-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
thirt4

Default Who sells CORRECT rubber seals

I am looking for an American retailer that sells the CORRECT fit rubber seals. Today, I tried to put my new cowl vent seal on my 1934 and that is when I discovered that it is fits a 1935-36 Ford truck.
I contacted the retailer and they said that is all they sell and to look in their catalog. So together we looked in their catalog while on the phone and I read it to them - 1933-34 Ford pass. Does not fit. Fits 1935-36 Ford truck.
I was torqued. I explained to the no-caring voice at the other end that they can drop the part about the 1933-34 car as some of us old B--tards can't read that hot.
She said to try Hemmings as if they would sell any.
Anyway, I looked on ePay and they too offer that "correct" cowl vent until reading the descriptions and all that I can find, Vintique, Moss (same as Vintique), C&G, etc. all have that same funky description.
WHO actually sells the CORRECT rubber cowl vent gasket / seal JUST FOR the 1933-34 Ford closed cars????
I guess I can always weld it shut or use silicone as a gasket.
I am sure I will hit the same problems for my rumble lid, the doors, widows, etc. Are their any "real" rubber seal makers out there anymore?
Thank you.

thirt4 is offline   Reply With Quote