Thread: Big Boys Heads
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 10:53 AM   #16
Swarm

Default Re: Big Boys Heads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored&Stroked View Post
Personally, I do not like the shape of these and see no need for the "extra" amount of water. They are just big and bulky to me. I have a set of Tony Baron's heads - my version is designed for a big pop-up piston. They are quite large as well, but a lot nicer looking head than the 'Big Boys' (obviously, just my opinion!).

While I tend to run Edelbrock heads on most of my recent builds, I still love the design/shape of the 39-48 Navarro heads - I like the way they taper down at the bottoms - similar to original 39-48 Ford heads.

All my Navarro heads were manufactured by "Barney" - I've heard a few comments about some of the ones from H&H having manufacturing inconsistencies - but I have no first hand knowledge of this. If I was going to be buying a new set, I'd check them out for any chamber size/machining issues - and if they were not to Barney's quality, I'd not be running them. Buy Hey - I'm a perfectionist!

PS: Tom Hutchinson was a good ole' flathead friend to me when I was growing up around flatheads - spent quite a bit of time with him and my first SCoT blower setup came from him - NOS. I paid $400 for it . . . was a lot of money for an 18 year old kid! LOL
I wish I could find a set of those heads for sale as well. Maybe I should just make my own heads
Swarm is offline   Reply With Quote