View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:03 PM   #230
Fred K-OR

Default Re: Model A Huckster Group

Harvey,

Looks like you are into an interesting project. I can kind of relate to what you are doing in that I went through it a few years back.

Don't know if this will be of much help but will pass a few things on to you.

I purchased a complete body from Lentsville A's located back in Holland MI. The body is made out of red oak and weighs about 700 to 800 pounds. After I got the rig completed the whole thing weighed about 2700 pounds. I used a 1929 chassis on mine. I stayed with everything stock all the way. I don't remember what my gear ratio is.

So comments about the final project----Well we live in Oregon where road wise we have a lot of ups and downs. When I go on tours with our club, I get a little embarrass when I can only take a mountain road at 25 MPH in second gear when all the other guys go by me with the Mitchell equipped rigs. So I wish now I had put a Mitchell in it along with maybe their tranny also. Don't know what ratios and etc I would use. But the Mitchell would make the rig a lot easier to drive. It does feel like a "truck" when driving it compared to my 1929 std coupe.

So don't know if these comments help but it will be fun once you get your rig finished.
Fred K-OR is offline   Reply With Quote