View Single Post
Old 04-20-2021, 11:08 PM   #6
Model A Ron

Default Re: Max Speed of a Model A with 26% OD and HC Head

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by McMimmcs View Post
Ron I am sure many will disagree but I am quite surprised that a new owner such as yourself seems to be obsessed with attaining excessive speed. Maybe you should have purchased a type of race car instead of a 90 year old classic. JMO, Wayne
Wayne
I have multiple cars for that kind of driving and regardless of how fast they go I never exceed 5 to 7mph on the interstate. That said I have no intention of ever using my Model A on the interstate. I am interested in hearing what people can attain with 6.1 head and a 26% Mitchell as this is what I will be running. By knowing what the max performance is with an otherwise stock car I am trying to judge an optimum max cruise speed without causing damage to my engine for long distance driving. I do think the best speed for a Model A is 40 to 50mph but secondary roads tend to be 55 to 60 when you get out of town. In my opinion my car is safe at 60 as my steering, brakes, suspension and front end have been refreshed but the engine is turning just a little to fast to hold that speed in my opinion.

I am not trying to build a race car out of my Model A rather make her a little more drivable. I am the kind of guy that would love to drive across the country someday in a car that's pushing 100 years old. I know that may be strange for some but to me that's a great way to get out of work and spend my vacation experiencing Small Town America.

Ron

Last edited by Model A Ron; 04-20-2021 at 11:51 PM.
Model A Ron is offline   Reply With Quote