View Single Post
Old 07-30-2020, 10:34 AM   #25
gz

Default Re: Anybody else quit Ebay because of fees and tax?

I don't mind buying stuff on Ebay if it is what I need and the price is right. There are still some good deals to be had if you know how to shop.

I hardly ever sell on Ebay anymore. When I do sell, it is usually non-auto related stuff. In the beginning it was a great place to sell lower end cars and parts of all types, but for me that ended 10 years ago. It really went down hill when sellers could no longer leave "real" feedback for buyers. The last few things I sold on Ebay never got paid for and the buyers never made contact with me at all. If a buyer changes his/her mind, there is nothing you can do about it. Ebay does nothing to support the seller and, for this reason, smaller sellers have all but vanished. Today, Ebay seems to cater to the large volume sellers of new, general line merchandise items that have hundreds of listings for sale.

There are better places to sell such as Ford Barn, other marque/model specific websites, Hemmings, etc.

Call me old fashion, but I really miss the days of the Good Ol' Swapmeet. Nothing like clutching a cup of coffee on a chilly morning while looking over a pile of rusty iron that is covered in fresh dew. The unpredictability of what you might find-or sell-never ceases to excite me!

Last edited by gz; 07-30-2020 at 10:46 AM.
gz is offline   Reply With Quote