Thread: Stipe Oil Pump
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2020, 04:21 PM   #24
M2M

Default Re: Stipe Oil Pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardtimes View Post
Hey Synchro,
About 10 or more years ago, I used a Stipe custom aluminum pump, as you have done.
I agree with your 'reliability and bullet proof' wants and needs also and that's also why I use Bills pump. Today I used a V8 flathead pump ('46/'48 59A style) made by a 4E4 member and machinist. If you have Jim B book, his contact info is logged in the back of this book. He does EXCELLENT work and has done this mod forever (). Not expensive as others mentioned either ! You need a core for best deal though.
Today, WE spend hundreds of hours and THOUSANDS of $$$$ on an A/B engine that cost fifty odd bucks for stock engine back when. So, we have reason to do the best job for bang for buck, peace of mind and longevity,eh ! Give us some pictures of your build and of your trip when it happens, thanks. Sounds like you are having fun with your/our hobby !
BTW, with the variety of oil pumps made today with lower prices and good craftsmanship, I would not spend the large sum (to me) for another alum pump. Darn good pump though. It is good to have choices !!
Bringing this thread back to life.

Who is Jim B? Anyone have his contact details?

M2M is offline   Reply With Quote