View Single Post
Old 08-05-2019, 07:03 AM   #30
miff

Default Re: misdiagnosis based on assumptions

The A's can take on a life of there own. I have a stuck clutch on my 30 roadster. I could not get it loose. Did all the things , putting in high gear rocking it , no luck. Got out my probe camera, looked inside the bell housing saw what it I though was a broken spring . Pulled motor, check clutch , no broken spring. Reassembled and installed motor . Started her up engaged clutch pedal, put it in gear and away we went, I still to this day have no idea what went wrong. Have not had any clutch problems since .There is more . It would hardly run on a short trip. Made it home ,saw black stuff in sediment bowl.When I restored the car , I had the gas tank professionally cleaned and the inside coated.That's the problem , coating failed. Clean the tank , no failed coating . It was the neoprene gasket on the sediment bowel. So yes I have had many fun times Model A ing .It's a great hobby at times. But is very rewarding .When you can take pieces of rusty parts and restore them and they work. Miff
miff is offline   Reply With Quote