View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 09:58 AM   #460
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

Australian Parrots.
Print in blue indicates the content is taken directly from the internet.
There are roughly 375 parrot species in the world with 56 species in Australia.
Parrots include cockatoos rosellas and lorikeets. They are almost entirely grass seed eaters. Found in both urban and rural- outback locations. I have seen and heard parrots up avenues of trees in Melbourne where it is simply difficult to hear what is being said even close by. I have seen flocks of them in creek beds in the Kimberly’s and Territory. Green also red are the predominant colours. Always a delight to see.

However we have maybe 100K white parrots on the river here at Tocumwal. They aren't a delight. This is because we have a grain depot including open silos. Species is Corella. Every town or farm with water and grain has them. They are a nuisance. Squawking. Stripping the tree tops of leaf which destroys trees. Chasing other varieties of birds from their natural habitat. Making holes in the plastic covering at the grain terminal. It doesn’t matter how many are shot on could never get control of the matter. Greenies just don’t understand. They will take the wounded ones to the vet. It’s one thing to be green and another to be stupid.

I’ll leave you with a site link if you care to look at them. The top link should take you strait there but the bottom link appears you will need to copy and paste to your address bar.

https://www.waratahsoftware.com.au/wpr-birds-parrots.shtml
https://www.pinterest.com.au/karenneal4/australian-parrots/
File Type: jpg parrot 4.JPG (29.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg parrot 5.JPG (21.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg parrot 2.JPG (44.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg corella 2.JPG (16.2 KB, 1 views)

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote