View Single Post
Old 06-24-2014, 09:12 PM   #51
ctaulbert

Default Re: 1932 3w build thread / “freshening up

We've been chugging away on the 3w lately. Over the weekend, I wrapped up the remaining electrical items, so we started to reassemble the interior. The dash came first, followed by an accessory gauge panel that Dan built. It houses two smooth bezel Stewart Warner gauges to monitor oil pressure and water temperature, and the control for the Columbia. The floor went in, followed by a new carpet from LeBaron Bonney (the original was long gone), and the seat.

We fired the engine up yesterday and it did great, though the fuel pump is leaking around the outlet port. It was a pump that I've carried for the past couple of years as a back up for my roadster, so it looks like it wouldn't have helped out anyway. I think that either the flare isn't machined correctly, or the casting is porous around the port. Either way, a new pump is getting delivered tomorrow so we'll have some running video soon.

Besides dropping the headlight bar, Pete Eastwood provided the original passenger side tail light stand. For those who know, they're pretty hard to come by. We installed a passenger '33-36 tail light bucket with a '32 lens and bezel so we could end up with dual tail lights using original parts. The '33-36 bucket is not a Duolamp light the driver's side, but it doesn't have the license plate window, making it look cleaner. We wrapped the rearend up with a luggage bar to replace the spare tire carrier.

We just need to finish up the rear shock mounts, then finish shaving the sidewalls and we'll be starting to run some shakedown miles....