View Single Post
Old 02-09-2014, 11:06 AM   #32
BILL WZOREK

Default Re: Do I really have to find a spring spreader?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8COOPMAN View Post
Two well-meaning folks in this thread have referenced this particular spring spreader on fleaBay. If I was Heard and bought that spreader based on that advice and reference, I'd probably be pissed when it showed-up and tried to use it on a '36 rear spring. Do you guys realize why it's labeled for MODELS "A" & "T"? Do you realize why it's shaped with that arch in it's middle? HINT: "A"s and "T"s have that high-arched spring DIRECTLY over the rear end. That high arch ain't gonna clear the low arch of a '36 spring. Plus, the threads on those 1/2" adjuster bolts ain't gonna last very many spreadings. DD
I guess I am the 2nd of the TWO WELL-MEANING FOLKS I don't think Bud Or my self said to go get this one it is the cats meow and end all of all spring spreaders Bud merely said that there was one there / maybe so Heard could see one type & may give him Ideas of how he may want to make one.
My point was that for that price it entails Quit a bit of work to make.

Your point that one has to be aware that a spreader for a model A / T because of the high arch may not work on his applacation and was a good point to make.
I am sure that a lot of us never gave that a thought.

In a dream world we would all have a complete set of KRW tools sitting in our shop.

No matter how He or any one attempts to acomplish this or any other job
remember SAFETY 1st and keep in mind IT IS ONLY A HOBBIE { that 1's for you Heard }
BILL WZOREK is offline   Reply With Quote