View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 01:15 PM   #65
d.j. moordigian

Default Re: Second version of the throttle assembly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Tahtaras View Post
It's very important to make a couple points however. Look closely at what I wrote about cast vs. forged AND flat vs. rounded or raised bottom. You will find looking at the Standards pic (I included below) there are NO forged brackets shown (correctly) except for the type 1. What you describe on the '28 Roadster is forged and not shown in the Standards at all. What you did find is what I called either type 2b or type 2c.

Now here is an important question. Does it have the one piece or two piece forging??? As I noted in my last post it may be tough to tell in the car. However thinking about it I believe that knowing where the seam will be if applicable I believe 85% of the time we could tell by feel reaching around the back with a couple finger tips. I do recommend having a rag handy . Some cars get a bit grimy back there!

I'll reemphasize that we are very confident both the one piece and two piece forgings fall within the "type 2" category. I'm also quite confident the one piece version came first. What we DON'T know is the timelines of both versions.

Marco could use some help here from you fellows in "Ford Barn Land"! It should take less than 5 minutes too look at your cars. The cars in question
range from 6-1-28 thru(say) 12-31-28. Any help out there?
d.j. moordigian is offline   Reply With Quote