View Single Post
Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 PM   #47
wrndln

Default Re: Second version of the throttle assembly

Tomorrow I will quickly beadblast around the oil holes on the 5 or 6 type 3 throttle assemblies I have and post a response as to what I find.

I just read Steve Plucker's alternate throttle assembly post. It would be nice to settle on throttle assembly string and not have two going. I should note that my four model A's - 28 special coupe, 29 phaeton, 29 CCPU and 28 roadster are/were basically basket cases. Don't ask me why I buy crappy A's, maybe because I'm cheap! I can't provide any information related to the car date concerning the throttle assemblies I have. I have 12 or 15 total throttle assemblies I have collected of which 5 or 6 are in the range we are concerned with, 2 are early 28 and the rest are the later style that has the foot petal arm swepted out and in.

I did check an original 1928 model A roadster recently. The car was never molested or restored. The date code on the gas tank was 8/1/1928. It had a type 3 (new 2011 JG's) throttle assembly with the straight area below the bell cranks - no ribs on it. This car should have been right in the middle of the type 2 range. I am 99.9% sure the throttle assembly in this car was never messed with.
Rusty Nelson

Last edited by wrndln; 11-16-2012 at 08:27 PM.
wrndln is offline   Reply With Quote