View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #54
columbiA

Default Re: 33 Phaeton questions from Sri Lanka

CEEJAY Several days ago in your thread on the model A barn,I said that the 33 RHD Fords likely used the starter switch mounted on the steering box.In rethinking that,does your car have the gas pedal centered below the steering column & between the pedals like a RHD model A? If so,the switch mounted on steering box will not work as the button would be under the gas pedal.Im sure the early 32 pull cable starter is the correct one for your car.I would think the pull knob would be in easy reach on the dash.Your engine # makes it a US engine.The 33 CDN B coupe I used to own had an engine & frame #of CBTxxxx.The generator on your car appears to be from a later model vehicle.The ign coil on my 33 was mounted in the center of the angled section of the firewall & the coil faced toword the engine.If you need to rebuild the waterpump,a model A rebuild kit will work,but you will need to shorten the pump shaft & reuse the B impeller.You should always drill the impeller & shaft for a 3/32" roll pin to make sure it doesnt move.
columbiA is offline   Reply With Quote