View Single Post
Old 06-18-2016, 11:38 PM   #219
GB SISSON

Default Re: Truck based woody

Somewhere along the last month I found the missing hinges and hung the rear doors. The hinges were for weld on so I had to drill and countersink them. I'd like to have all the doors and rear gates installed this fall if possible. That will make one year. I sort of look forward to the mechanical work like engine/trans and brakes as it is so much different than my ordinary work day. Today I found some early photos of the project that were miss labled in another section so thought I'd post one from the early days along with my door hinge pics. With the busy summer we are having at work, four kids and five grandkids, big wedding in August, I guess the front doors have to wait. We'll have tons of new relatives from Northern California who we have never met and have never been to the island, so we have to clean up the place a bit. Here's something anyhow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg woodie mockup.jpg (75.4 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg newesr fuji 026.jpg (39.2 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg newesr fuji 043.jpg (65.2 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg newesr fuji 046.jpg (58.2 KB, 73 views)
Owner/Operator of 'Jailbar Ranch' on the side of Mt. Pickett. Current stable consists of 1946 1/2 ton pickup turned woodie wagon with FH V8, 1947 Tonner Pickup (red) mostly stock with exception of a cummins 6at turbo diesel, 1946 Tonner Pickup (green) with 226 cu in 6 cyl flathead, 1979 Toyota landcruiser wagon, completely encased in 1947 Ford Jailbar sheet metal. Ok, cornbinder rear fenders..... 'Rusty ol' floorboards, hot on their feet' (Alan Jackson)
GB SISSON is online now   Reply With Quote