View Single Post
Old 06-19-2015, 01:06 PM   #123
JM 35 Sedan

Default Re: EFV-8 Club of America 2015 ENM in Charlotte/Concord, NC, June 8 - 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryTangled View Post
Hi Everyone, post #73, pic 2 of an engine...

Can someone explain what I'm seeing.
Glenn has it correct, an 8ba test engine at D.C. testing EVERY 94 carburator that they manufacture prior to shipping.

Last week during our tour of DC's manufacturing facilities, I wanted to make sure exactly where his 94's are being produced. I saw first hand the housings being automatically drilled and milled into finished castings ready for assembly. Then I saw the assembly line with all the components necessary to build the complete carbs. I talked to the folks on the assembly line, the guy doing the 100% run in check, and Dennis himself about where all of these carburetors are being manufactured, and their responses were....right here at their facility in Concord, NC, USA. see pictures below of carburetors advertised in DC's online catalog. Notice the tag and what it states. I told Dennis I would make this statement on the various old car forums that I post on to dispel the myths about these carburetors being manufactured off shore. He said that was fine with him.

Edit: Another myth that was dispelled last week while touring DC's manufacturing facilities was where their water pumps are being manufactured. In this case we were informed they are NOT being manufactured in the USA. They are being manufactured off shore just like Drakes and Speedways water pumps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 52-9510-N.jpg (31.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 59A-9510-N.jpg (25.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 59A-9510-N_5.jpg (30.2 KB, 11 views)

"Never give up on what you really want to do. The person with big dreams is more powerful than one with all the facts". Albert Einstein

Last edited by JM 35 Sedan; 06-20-2015 at 10:52 AM.
JM 35 Sedan is offline   Reply With Quote