View Single Post
Old 12-18-2018, 01:28 PM   #397
woofa.express

Default Re: tell a Model A related story

I wrote this story yesterday and it doesn't show up. However I received a message from a reader who spoke about a simular incident he has had. I don't know if editors of this forum have removed it, I can't see why and they haven't notified me. I am lost to think of what may have happened so here it is again.

Editor of local newspaper modifies my letters.

I sometimes write a letter to the editor of our local newspaper. By the feed back I get readers agree with my point of view. I always avoid personal attacks and abuse and bad manners and rudeness. Despite this the newspaper frequently modify and omit data and won’t print anything controversial. So I wrote the letter that follows.

Letter tothe Editor. 25/09/18. (of local newspaper).
It is pleasing one has the forum to voice ones opinion, thoughts and other things.The forum of course being the “letters to the editor” in your newspaper.
However it seems every letter I write is modified or has sentences removed. These are no longer my letters but the editors and I would be pleased if when you modify you would head them editorials.
Thankyou, inanticipation for publishing my letter.
Gary Mexted.

I received a simple reply. No they won’t publish my letter. At times I am critical of the stupidity of our local shire council. I feel sure they are not published because they, the shire council, take out full page ads and the income is important to the paper .
Wouldn’t you be disappointed when your point of view is changed or modified ?

I received a simple reply. No they won’t publish my letter. At times I am critical of the stupidity of our local shire council. I feel the paper protects the shire because they, the shire, take out full page reports and the paper enjoys the income.

Wouldn’t you be disappointed when your point of view is changed or modified ?

And there are times when I have a long memory.
woofa.express is offline   Reply With Quote