Thread: caster tools
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 07:45 AM   #26
reggiedog

Question Re: caster tools

Sponsored Links (Register now to hide all advertisements)
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Franklin View Post
Caster is originally built into the geometry of the hard parts and not adjustable except to straighten bent or sagging parts. Camber also. is this the tool you need?
I have NO clue as I never have seen one all I was told to do is to get the Original I think he said the Duby Caster Tools what that might be don't know as he only comes around here when I have stuff for him to do.

And he's a older person that doesn't have a computer so I can't send it to him as there's already been people on here that have already asked me if this is what I was looking for but I don't know as I'm not the one that will be using the tools maybe after I find one maybe he will buy it from me as his son is a Mechanic also.

And the last picture that I got of it had like two pads and some sort of a dial on it and I think you drive up onto it is what my guy is talking about but I haven't got a clue.

But I have a funny question on this and I don't know as of yet and maybe my guy is totally wrong and you guys are totally correct on this as I have been going through all of the posts on here and the P.M.s that have been sent to me.

And I'm just thinking here now as he hasn't been around here and hasn't seen any of the post on here I'm thinking that he might be right in a way but I also think that you guy's are correct in more ways then he is also if that makes any since to you guy's.

What I'm trying to say here is this my guy I think back in his days of working on the Model A's and new cars at the time as that's what he used to do as he is about 95 years old now so that would put him being born in or around 1922.

.Does anyone know what that might be what he is calling the Caster Tools in his time that he would of been around in the Garage that the Garage would of had as normal tools back then that they called Caster Tools if they did have something like that I have No Clue as to what that might of been does anyone know what that would of been back then.

That took me about 10+ years to find one a Original one that is of those and now that I have one for myself to use and as I have already used it a few to many times just to figure out how to use it correctly and I did and it works perfectly fine for me.

But as of right now I don't even know if I need the Caster Tools after reading all of these posts on here.

I'm going to call my guy sometime today and find out exactly what he is looking for in the tools if it is the old school type Caster Tools or what maybe he can describe it to me as to what he wants as I have seen a lot of different types of Caster Tools sent to me on here and P.Med to me on here so as of right now I have no clue as to what my guy is even talking about for now that is.

And I think I'm really not sure if he even knows what he wants as he could be calling a Caster Tool something totally different then what I have been looking at on here but what would be called a Caster Tool back in his days of working In a Garage in the early Late 30's maybe even earlier then that through the 40's and on up ????.

reggiedog is offline   Reply With Quote