View Single Post
Old 12-04-2018, 09:15 PM   #18
Jim44

Default Re: 1936 truck references

Thanks Dave and Karl. My observations are consistent with yours except I have a full width bench seat that sits on the gas tank. I have to go have a look as I don't have a good photo of where the filler neck is. I seem to think it is at the front corner on the passenger side (inside the cab). The engine spins with a fair bit of compression and I am in the process of trying to get it to start. Had Jim Lindner go thru the distributor and I have to put new plug wires on it, clean up the carb and replace the fuel pump yet. I am ordering the CD from Detroit Iron and that should help a lot. This truck has not been modified that I can tell, and even the sheet metal is solid although the paint is rough. I am looking for good sources for interior panels, refurbing instruments, rubber, etc. Spending the winter shopping and learning and hope to get out and at it again in spring. It's under cover, but no heat! did enough under those conditions when I was 17, and now I am on the left side of 71, so it will have to wait another Wisconsin winter. Thanks again to all, I will be in touch as I get into further challenges. My first goal has been met in making some good contacts here and in getting some tips on manuals, etc. Hope to hear it run in spring and go from there!
Jim44 is offline   Reply With Quote