Thread: Sad day
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 09:06 PM   #40
holdover

Default Re: Sad day

I have 4 Model As a '29 coupe, '29 CCPU, a 30 AA SB and a '31 AA LB, all have both the safety fuse and a battery shut off switch. I park them in a garage with six other vehicles and I do everything I can so that a electrical fire will not happen. If there was an easy way to disconnect the battery on the modern vehicles I'd do that also. All the wires on the As have been replaced with reproductions, after I noticed that the 85 yr old wires were not in the best of shape. I have insurance on everything to cover value, but that value does not include the many 100s of hours that I have put into them, and at my age I don't have the energy to do them again. They are all drivers and not fine point judging vehicles so exact originality is not a issue with me(in relation to the safety fuse and shut off switch). I also shut off the fuel valve when I park my As and disconnect the battery via the switch, even if they will be left for only a few minutes. My dad use to say an "ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure" This is how I do it, your mileage may vary
holdover is offline   Reply With Quote