View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 08:25 AM   #30
rawy

Wink Where to find original Paints, putties, etc.

Thanks Talkwrench & 38 coupe,

I knew when I stripped the car over 10 years ago, the rebuild to factory specs would be the most painfull option and the waste of time till now is mainly due to the search for parts, the shipping headaches for oversized or heavy stuff, can imagine the guy's at customs inspecting some of my shipments asking themselves what that rust could be good for

Still a ton of job left and there's no timeline set for the project, I can rely on the skills I learned during my apprenticeship in the seventies where I learned the profession as it was then still inspired by these early fifties cars, when we first learned to make the tools to do the job.

Also this car represents a form of industrial realisation where things were made to outlive the first consumer, a few years before management invented marketing and limited lifetime
The fact that almost all the products used in production had natural origins adds to the environmental aspect of the project.

In this regard I would be very pleased to get some hints where I can find Original Paints, body caulking, sealants etc.

have a nice sunday !

walter
rawy is offline   Reply With Quote