Thread: Up Grades?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 02:43 PM   #13
BillCNC

Default Re: Up Grades?

Hello Folks,

Thanks for all the input, ... I'm surprised that most of you are saying no to the upgrades. Well, double clutching is nothing new to me as I have had plenty of experience with the military vehicles I drove (Heavy EQ. Opp. in the Sea-Bee's on Korean war and Vietnam era EQ.). Also I have owned my share of beat up cars that had no business running and had to double clutch a few of them so If I never double clutch again in my life, ... I surely wouldn't miss it.

I live in the High Desert and there are hills in some of the areas I go and then there is the Cajon Pass to deal with if I ever go to any car shows of travel out of the desert so I will be putting in a gear splitter overdrive. I also wouldn't mind ditching the timing advance lever. Please note, I WILL be keeping all the original parts so when I sell it, I have both sets of parts. As far as the timing lever on the steering column, I would not remove it, just make it non functional under the hood.

Charlie; As far as your answer, I wont know until tomorrow.

Mike; I want the splittter for the same reason, ... Most of the streets around here are 50mph except the Main St. which is 35mph and there are hilly parts that I do travel. For the most part, EVERYWHERE up here is long distance with not many stop signs or lights. I already have to drive most of the street up here with my foot on the floor so the motor is reeving more than I like.

John Lavoy; It's my understanding tht to have the best running car is to add a high comp head WITH a Mitchell Overdrive.

Marc; The closer to show room condition, the better. I DO NOT want a hot-rod and no more chrome than I already have.

Stock, stock stock, ... They just look so much more classy that way.

One thing is, everyone is saying no to an upgraded ignition, ... Why, is it just because of keeping it stock functioning? I would think switching out to an electronic ignition would be so much easier on the motor than someone having to constantly play with it while driving, especially in large city driving with a bunch of traffic lights, stop sign and traffic.

Regards
Bill

Last edited by BillCNC; 08-27-2017 at 02:47 PM. Reason: Spelling
BillCNC is offline   Reply With Quote