Thread: Up Grades?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2017, 12:16 PM   #7
Charlie Stephens

Default Re: Up Grades?

There are a couple of more important things that need to be attended to. Get the title in your name. The DMV will charge a penalty if this is not done fairly quickly. A more important reason is that if there is a problem you want to get back to the seller before he spends your money. If it is a currently registered with a California title you might not need an inspection but be sure that the numbers on the vehicle match the title. A very few California cars are still registered with the engine number. Most are registered with a tag that DMV installed on the door jam (see photo). It might also be a tag from another state. The number on the frame cannot be seen without raising the body or cutting the floor. Be very suspicious of a number anywhere else.

The second thing is insurance. I insure mine with AAA that has my regular insurance. They have a division that deals with low usage antique cars. If you go with some of the companies that specialize in antique car insurance be careful that their restrictions do not conflict with your intended use of the car.

Charlie Stephens
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5943.jpg (32.5 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by Charlie Stephens; 08-27-2017 at 12:19 PM. Reason: add photo
Charlie Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote